Communications Volunteer Opportunity
Interested in giving back, promoting women’s entrepreneurship, and hanging out with some amazing, like-minded people? Then join the MET Community US leadership team! We are recruiting for a Communications Manager (unpaid volunteer) in the Washington, DC, area — this is a great opportunity to develop new skills, grow a network of mentors and friends, and add an intriguing line to your resume.
About the Role
The Communications Manager (unpaid) helps shape the voice of MET Community US (MET) and shares its work and mission with the public, stakeholders and partners, the press, and the entrepreneurship community at large. The Manager will help develop and implement a comprehensive communications and marketing strategy for MET’s branding, messaging, engagement, and media outreach. This includes, but is not limited to, writing social media posts, editing articles, developing press lists, and recruiting writers. This position works with the MET US Communications Director and the MET US Director.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities
- Works with the Communications Director to develop and implement the communications and marketing strategy and editorial calendar;
- Helps manage the MET US social media channels (Facebook, Twitter)
- Recruits and works with writers to generate content for the website that is informative and relevant to our US-based audience of entrepreneurs and mentors;
- Works with the Leadership team to promote all MET US initiatives (events, fundraisers, applications drives, etc) and ensure they reach a large audience across the region;
- Works with the Communications Director to ensure coverage of articles and other relevant MET website content on Twitter, Facebook and all other LDC social media outlets;
- Promotes greater external coverage/awareness of MET mission and activities.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Based in metropolitan Washington, DC
- Strong writing skills
- Creative thinker, brainstormer, and willingness to take ownership of the mission and run with ideas
- Attend at least 50% of events and meetings; average workload is 5 hours/week
Please send your resume and a short paragraph indicating your interest to: Jean ==at== metcommunity dot org