MET Community Launches #Digital METWORK for Women Entrepreneurs
MET Community is excited to announce the launch of a NEW Google Hangout Training Series for MET Chapters across the globe. The Series, #Digital METWORK, features a selection of experts and leaders, covering topics important to women entrepreneurs.
Working the Room presented by Etiquette Expert and Author, Thomas Farley
Saturday, July 16th; 10:30- 11:30 AM ET
Whether it’s at a conference or a less informal setting, such as a dinner party, you’re always “on” or networking with potential partners, colleagues and customers. Thomas P. Farley an etiquette expert, speaker and author, will provide you with a real-world opportunity to practice the best ways to network with colleagues and customers.
During this training, Thomas will help you:
- Hone your elevator speech
- Talk about techniques to help you remember names and polish“pickup lines”
- Provide you with tips on how to join conversations already in progress.
- And more!
Defining Your Leadership Brand presented by Matrix Group International CEO, Joanna Pineda
Saturday, August 6th; 10:30 AM- 11:30 AM ET
If you tried to look up the definition leadership, what would you find? We can tell you one thing, you wouldn’t find one solid definition. When it comes down to it, politicians and CEOs alike have their own definitions of what it means to be “great leader” — as do us. Yet those who do lead,possess certain skills and knowledge that empower their followers to take action (something that can’t be read in books alone.)
In this Google Hangout training, Joanna M.Pineda, the founder and CEO of Matrix Group International, a leading web design and development agency based in the Washington D.C. area, will:
- Share her journey on becoming a CEO of a multi-million dollar company and continues to be a leader in a fast-growing, ever changing industry
- Talk about ways to position yourself as an expert in your field, using online and traditional marketing
- Discuss the importance of presentation and body language
- How to evoke confidence among your customers, peers and employees
- And more!
Social PR presented by Shonali Burke, President and CEO Shonali Burke Consulting
Saturday, November 5; 10:00 AM- 11:00 AM
Learn what true Social PR entails, and get a Social PR “makeover” from PR thought leader Shonali Burke – recently profiled by PRSA. On this webinar:
- You’ll get a crazy-simple four word matrix that helps solve the BIGGEST Social PR problem businesses face;
- You’ll learn how to audit your PR programs to see if they’re social-ready, using Shonali’s proprietary 7C Social PR Framework, so that you can start to transform your work; and
- You’ll learn how Shonali “made over” the Social PR efforts of a major educational institution, so that you can apply these principles to your own work
WordPress, once known as a popular blogging platform, has evolved into one of the most popular content management systems (CMS), making it easy for businesses to create and and manage their websites.
In this Google Hangout Training, Adam Hostetter, the Design and Development Lead at American Technology Services, will show you:
- How to set up a website, including how to choose a design from WordPress’s library of themes or adding your own theme
- How to create a domain name
- The basics behind setting up a WordPress site, including how to update your navigation adding plugins, etc.
- How to select a hosting company
- And more
MET Community is an international organization dedicated to helping women entrepreneurs through mentorship, training and networking. The organization has established chapters in the United States, Latin America and Spain.
To learn more about MET, our upcoming programs and speakers, visit METCommunity.org